Thursday, May 7, 2020

Why Do I want To Serve?


Why would I like to continue to serve on the Sullivan County Board of Education?


God has blessed me so much throughout my seventy-one years of life. I am at a point in my life where I can serve my community, not needing to be focused on my career. Eight years ago God led me to offer my service to the students, families and staff of our community by representing them on the Sullivan County School Board. He is continuing to lead me to use the knowledge, relationships and experience I have gained through my 38-year involvement with Bristol and Kingsport City Schools and the eight years as a member of the Sullivan County Board of Education. Much progress has been made towards the three main goals that I outlined in June 2012; however, more work needs to be done to fully accomplish these goals. 


If elected I will continue to try and be a Sullivan County Board member with wisdom, a result of my proven leadership experience, knowledge, and common sense, who plans for the future instead of living in the past.